Sarah E. Cherry is a Partner at Ottenwess Law whose practice focuses primarily on medical malpractice defense, professional liability, and executive employment matters.
As a medical malpractice defense attorney, she has represented hospitals, physician groups, insurance companies, physicians, mid-level providers, and nurses in negligence claims. Sarah's experience in representing both individuals and businesses provides her with perspective to anticipate and facilitate the needs of a diverse client base. Aside from trial practice, she has first chair experience with Daubert hearings, evidentiary hearings, complex issues involving electronic medical records ("EMR"), and damage analysis.
Sarah has also represented parties in arbitration, including successfully representing a senior executive in an employment matter against a billion dollar corporation.
Sarah has a young son and enjoys taking him to the zoo and on trips to the beach.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Executive Employment matters
- Commercial Litigation
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Auburn Hills, Michigan
- J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Laurentian University, Barrie, Ontario
- Bachelor of Business Administration, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), 2008
- ABC/ Cooley Bankruptcy Clinic Volunteer and Speaker
Honors and Awards
- Laurentian at Georgian Leadership Award, Award of Recognition, Dream Catcher Gala Scholarship
- Class President
- The Steven Barendregt Community Leadership Award
- Certificate of Merit: Negotiations and Intellectual Property
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan – Wayne County
- Wayne County Bar Association
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Public Policy Committee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan