Jeff Feikens joined Ottenwess Law as a Partner in August 2021. He has been in practice since 1989 with a primary focus on medical malpractice defense in Michigan. His civil trial practice in state and federal courts includes the defense of professional negligence claims, general healthcare defense claims, defense of construction/work accident claims, insurance indemnity claims, and managed care insurance priority disputes. He has represented physicians, hospitals, lawyers, pharmaceutical companies, and insurance companies, as well as individuals and small companies. He also has an active appellate practice.
Jeff has successfully tried medical malpractice and insurance indemnity claims in various counties in metropolitan Detroit. His appellate practice has included cases, both published and unpublished, involving medical malpractice, statutes of limitations, claims of hospital ordinary negligence, hospital agency claims, indemnification, notices of intent, upholding defense verdicts and other summary disposition issues.
Jeff is a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where he served as executive editor of the Michigan Journal of International Law. He received his Bachelor of Arts from Calvin College.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: cum laude
- Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- B.A. French, Honors in History - 1986
Professional Associations and Membership
- State Bar of Michigan
- Detroit Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Past District H Character and Fitness Committee Member (Wayne County)
- Oakland County Bar Association
Recent Notable Accomplishments
- Jury Verdict in favor of Defendant water company against Plaintiff insurance company in property loss claim.
- Published Court of Appeals decision case reversing trial court’s denial of Plaintiff’s claim hospital had control over independent physician.
- President, Board of Directors, Christian Reformed Church Loan Fund