Healthcare Licensing And Accreditation
The law firm of Ottenwess Law represents medical professionals and healthcare institutions throughout Michigan before state licensing boards such as the Michigan Board of Medicine, the Michigan Board of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery, the Michigan Board of Nursing, the Joint Commission and federal agencies such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our clients include:
- Medical professionals and medical facilities obtaining and protecting state or federal licensure
- Medical professionals facing disciplinary action for personal or criminal matters
- Medical professionals handling initial licensure or re-licensure problems
- Hospitals and physicians regarding hospital privileges and credentialing matters for doctors and nurses
- Healthcare providers handling compliance issues for accreditation required to provide quality care or obtain reimbursement
- Physicians’ medical groups, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare providers that have been denied accreditation or privileges by a deeming organization
Working with a team of lawyers and nurse/paralegals who all have extensive backgrounds in healthcare law, we will aggressively defend you and protect your license, certification or registration. We also regularly intervene with accreditation organizations, such as the Joint Commission, to clear barriers to accreditation, and we intervene in disputes with CMS or third-party payers on behalf of physicians or entities who are denied contracts or refused reimbursement because they are not properly credentialed.
We provide guidance through administrative channels and, if necessary, appeals in state and federal courts. Contact us to arrange a free initial consultation with our Michigan healthcare licensing attorneys by calling 313-965-2121 or filling out our online contact form.