The Detroit law firm of Ottenwess Law represents a diverse clientele of healthcare providers in Michigan and nationwide involving litigation and dispute resolution before state and federal administrative agencies and in state and federal courts. Our representation includes resolving conflicts with regulators and third-party payers in civil actions and investigations, providing counsel in regulatory and transactional matters to minimize and resolve conflicts, and representing doctors and nurses in disciplinary proceedings and investigations to prevent any loss of license.
Our more than 150 years of collective experience in healthcare litigation extends to every facet of the industry:
- CMS billing, reimbursement and enrollment disputes
- Credentialing, billing and reimbursement disputes with third-party payers
- Government entity audits and fraud investigations
- Medical license defense
- Professional liability defense (medical malpractice)
- Healthcare transactions gone awry
- Partnership and contract disputes
In addition to working with a skilled team of attorneys, our clients also have access to our nurse paralegals, who have a broad knowledge of nursing, and the medical and healthcare industries. We work together to secure cost-effective resolutions that avoid litigation. However, we are always ready to represent clients before any agency or court of law, or explore arbitration and alternative dispute resolution when litigation is too risky or cost-prohibitive.